Congratulations to NYC’s Top 10 Pastry Chef honorees:13 May 2012, Posted by Top 10 Pastry Chefs of 2012 in
Dessert Professional Magazine has just announced the 19th annual Top 10 Pasty Chefs in America honorees. And as you would expect there is excellent representation from New York City with five honorees including long-time DessertBuzz favorite Christina Tosi from Momofuku Milk Bar (and 2012 James Beard Award for Rising Star Chef). The other four New York area honorees include, Angela Pinkerton, from 11 Madison Park (2011 James Beard Award for Best Pastry Chef), Marc Aumont from The Modern, Damien Herrgott from Boise Tea Parlour and Sandro Micheli from Daniel.
“With more and more remarkable talent filling the ranks of dessert professionals, being recognized as one of best has gained a new level of prestige,” notes editor Matthew Stevens.
Congratulations to all the honorees! A complete list is here:
- Nathaniel Reid – Norman Love Confections, Naples FL
- Damien Herrgott – Bosie Tea Parlor, NYC
- Jean-Marie Auboine – Jean-Marie Auboine Chocolatier, Las Vegas, NV
- Chris Hanmer – The School of Pastry Design, Las Vegas, NV
- Sally Camacho – WP24, Los Angeles, CA
- Craig Harzewski – Naha, Chicago, IL
- Sandro Micheli – Daniel, NYC
- Marc Aumont – The Modern, NYC
- Christina Tosi – Momofuku Milk Bar, NYC
- Angela Pinkerton – Eleven Madison Park, NYC
- Hall Of Fame honoree Marcel Desaulniers, Director Emeritus of the famed Culinary Institute of America, award-winning cookbook author, former chef/co-owner of Trellis restaurant in Williamsburg, VA, and current co-owner of MAD about Chocolate.