This past Saturday afternoon seven bakers threw down at Willie McBrides Bar in Hoboken, NJ to benefit Autism Speaks. I was very impressed with the overall quality and creativeness of the contestants. Some of the other judges, who bake for a living even got some new ideas after eating the desserts from these plucky bakers. Here are the results:
Congratulations are in order:
- “Green”-est baker- “Color Jam” with their Raw Coconut Dream Drops
- Best Presentation- The Measuring Cup – Vanilla Cupcake with Port Wine reduction and cinnamon butter cream.
- Most Unique Ingredient- “Random Random Bake Shop” with their Bacon Chocolate Baklava
- Sexiest Baker- “Muppet Force” Cassie and Alyssa with their Chocolate and organic coconut mini-cupcakes
- Best In Show: Congratulations to Jessica Engle’s and The Measuring Cup – who took top honors with their Vanilla Cupcake with Port Wine reduction and cinnamon butter cream.