Vicious and Virtuous: Great ideas come from charity event18 Apr 2010, Posted by Pastry Events in
This past Saturday afternoon seven bakers threw down at Willie McBrides Bar in Hoboken, NJ to benefit Autism Speaks. I was very impressed with the overall quality and creativeness of the contestants. Some of the other judges, who bake for a living even got some new ideas after eating the desserts from these plucky bakers. Here are the results:
Congratulations are in order:
- “Green”-est baker- “Color Jam” with their Raw Coconut Dream Drops
- Best Presentation- The Measuring Cup – Vanilla Cupcake with Port Wine reduction and cinnamon butter cream.
- Most Unique Ingredient- “Random Random Bake Shop” with their Bacon Chocolate Baklava
- Sexiest Baker- “Muppet Force” Cassie and Alyssa with their Chocolate and organic coconut mini-cupcakes
- Best In Show: Congratulations to Jessica Engle’s and The Measuring Cup – who took top honors with their Vanilla Cupcake with Port Wine reduction and cinnamon butter cream.